Best Songs for Workouts! (as recommended by my team of supporters)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, April 4, 2009

See Fox Smile...

Before I went to bed last night I was thinking about how all my blogs lately have been negative.  So I decided that this workout today and my post would be positive.  Then I woke up when my alarm went off at 5:00 AM and I lost my resolve.  Five hours of sleep isn't enough for me to be peppy! I finally recommitted during the hour drive to Poolsville, MD...being sleepy wasn't going to ruin my ride!  

The cold and the wind were unexpected but I mustered the determination to get through it.  The kids training for my race didn't start riding until almost 9...so I cheered on the group thatstarted first and was practicing transitions.  When it was our turn I sucked down an energy gel and got to peddling! The hills were killer...but so was the wind...at one point I was having to peddle pretty hard on a down hill portion because the wind was so strong.  Other than that the ride was beautiful.  I did 26 miles and then ran for 15 or 20 minutes and am exhausted but proud with my performance today.

To all the girls that ran the Ringling 5k...at one point I turned a corner on the bike and  it felt like that long stretch at the back of the race where we turned around and I immediately wished we were sitting in front of Em's with shotguns and/or Sangria!  I miss you all tons!  Then the next turn was this beautiful stretch of green pasture blowing in the wind....which pulled me back from my Oklahoma daydream...sorry!  Nothing against the great state of O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A...it just looked nothing like the country side off I-35! :)

I feel good now...then again I'm in bed and about to take a nap!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!

love to everyone!  send your pennies, love, and powersongs!
cfox



No comments: