Best Songs for Workouts! (as recommended by my team of supporters)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 27, 2009

See Fox Sad

I found out today that a friend of my family passed away from stomach cancer yesterday.  She was diagnosed several months ago and apparently the cancer had spread.  She was a wonderful woman and am very upset about the news.  She was intelligent, and giving, and considerate, and an athlete.  She founded a 5k for her alma mater for scholarship fundraising, had recently ran a half marathon, and I have always known her to be very active.

Tonight I ran to the gym (it is a hot night out there) and did weights and stuff.  It was a good night and workout but there were a couple of times that I was really sad thinking about Marianne...I kept going back to one of the main mantra's I've been repeating to myself all summer "I'm lucky to be here and healthy enough to work out."  So chanel her energy and drive to keep moving.  

Cancer Sucks...all forms...and I find comfort in the fact that research on blood cancers can be applied to other forms of cancer.  The fundraising and training is hard...but when I think of all the ways cancer his impacted my friends and family what I'm doing hardly seems like enough...

There will be more. In the meantime keep fighthing in honor of everyone who has lost their battle, in celebration of everyone who has won, and in support of everyone currently fighting!

much love,
cfox

No comments: