Best Songs for Workouts! (as recommended by my team of supporters)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 21, 2009

See Fox Brick!

So I'm not sure if I should actually use "Brick" as a verb...because in my mind it is technically a 4 letter word!  Saturday workouts now consist of 2 events back to back...these are referred to as your "brick workouts"...i have a feeling that it is because your legs feel like bricks when you transition.  I've been logging lots of 2 practice days where I swim in the morning and run at night...but today I biked for 100 minutes and then went straight into a 15 minute run.  It doesn't sound too bad, but after the first 60 minutes my legs were tired and I was starting to doubt my abilities on the run.  

I'm delighted to report that I survived both...in fact I felt really great about it all.  My training partner Kait...who is a survivor...is great motivation.  We chatted through the entire work out and would cheer on people whose paths crossed ours along the way.  It was pretty fun if you ignore the intense burning in my muscles.  Tomorrow is a 30 minute swim, but I plan to do the full 1 hour work out to make up for a run I missed earlier this week due to work and a much needed happy hour!  I might even try to make it to yoga...the legs are getting tight!  

wish you guys were here to see this nonsense...i love and miss you all...
cfox

No comments: