Best Songs for Workouts! (as recommended by my team of supporters)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 7, 2008

See Fox Register...

It is official. Yesterday I formally registered with Team In Training to participate in the Cap Tex Tri. That means that I will receive 5 months of training, support, and motivation to complete an Olympic distance triathlon and in exchange I have committed to fundraising at least $4,200 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'm not sure which I'm more nervous about...the fundraising, the training, or race day! I'll continue to use this blog as an online diary to chart my progress and share the details of my experience with friends and family but for now lets get some basics out of the way.

Olympic Distance Triathlon = .9 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6.2 mile run

Cap Tex Tri = May 25th, 2009 (Memorial Day Weekend). http://www.captextri.com/site/ for more specifics!

As soon as I left the meeting I went to City Sports (my new favorite local sporting goods store) for a new racing suit and goggles. Putting that thing on brought back some old memories...not so excited about what is going to happen but swim practice starts Tuesday! EEK! Our group biking trips wont start until the second week in January so I will spend the next few weeks looking for a bike.

Anyway...I expect this blog will be filled with complaints, funny stories, new gadgets, and the excitement of this great big new goal I've made for myself...comments and encouragement welcome!

Much love,
cfox

No comments: